Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Winning in the Margins

When I read "The 5 Lessons," something stuck with me and won't leave me alone. It is the concept of winning in the margins. This is the idea that every cent counts. As a kid, we all have those little jobs that we get just because we are kids... but have we thought of doing them for extra money now that we are older? Most of us probably don't... I know I didn't.

Not until I read that book, that is. I have been thinking non stop about ways to earn extra money! I have thought of things that you would expect a little kid to do, but that I wanted to do...

I have thought of:

  • Tutoring
  • Baking Breads
  • Putting up and taking down Christmas decorations
  • Going around, selling cotton candy
  • Doing yard work
  • House Sitting
  • Garage Sales
  • Ebay Arbitrage (buying and reselling)
  • Selling Christmas Goodies
  • Making crafts
  • Pet sitting
  • Babysitting
  • Filing
  • Online Surveys
  • Freelance writing

Those are just a few of the ideas I had! There are so many ways to earn money out there that people don't usually take advantage of. People are willing to buy pretty much any service because people, as a whole, are lazy. Not that eveybody is, but have you ever noticed that most people would be willing to spend a lot of money instead of taking the time to learn a new skill?

If you have a skill that nobody else really does, use it to your advantage! For almost 23 years, my dad has carried a handyman's business license for just in case he needs the extra money or if he just wants to help repair something in someone's house.

It is a great way to have something to give you a little extra edge in the real world, where everything costs money and nothing is free (except the love of your children and spouse... and mommy)

In light of the economy, shouldn't we all be trying to start "Winning in the Margins?" I know I am going to try right away!

Another reason I want to do this is because I want to eventually go back to being an at home mom with my beautiful E-Mae and my future children.

If you have any other ideas of how to "Win in the Margins" please let me know! Either comment down below, or send me an email! If you like my posts, subscribe! =D or even share my posts on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!

Now, go ahead and go start "Winning in the Margins"

No comments:

Post a Comment