Thursday, October 9, 2014

Journey to Megan 2.0

Hello cyber world! And welcome to the amazing journey to Megan 2.0! Here, I am going to document my journey to becoming the Megan I deserve to be through excercise and (shhhhh...) diet. No. I am not going on a "diet." By definition a diet is just the way a certain person eats. You could be eating super sized meals from McDonalds wrapped in a pizza and that would still be your particular diet. A really unhealthy one, but still a diet. Do you want to hear my last diet attempt?

I have been trying to eat healthy for a little while now and I was doing really well! I lost 10lbs and was feeling amazing about myself! But then we went to Disneyland... I kind of did a little bit of binge eating of things I hadn't had for a while and I gained all of my weight back... joyous. Then I just kind of got discouraged. I didn't want to give up certain foods and I didn't want to lose just to gain again. I felt like I was a loser.

I found out that this feeling is totally normal! This whole "dieting" thing is totally normal too. It is normal for human beings to feel over weight, tired, sluggish, and just- for lack of a better word- FAT.

I learned that the first step in changing this is not to change your appearance. It is to change your attitude about yourself. You are never going to feel good about yourself if you do not start feeling good about yourself just the way you are!

I have seen gorgeous girls talking bad about themselves and nitpicking every little flaw about themselves. I feel sorry for a girl who does not feel beautiful. The truth is, we are all beautiful! We are all of noble birth! We are all Daughters and Children of GOD! To HIM, we are all beautiful and important. I didn't believe the last part for a long time. I always thought "I won't be happy until I lose this much weight. I won't be happy because I am not this size." I was wrong! and so are you!

I found out that after I made that a fact in my mind, it was easier to better myself. Not because society wanted me to or because I didn't feel good enough. I was doing it so I could live a longer, healthier life with the ones I love and hold dear. I want to be able to keep up with E-Mae when she starts to walk and RUN!

I started this journey yesterday. I actually- wait for it- WENT TO A GYM! I know, right? I am the first person to say no when asked about going to a gym. I don't hate the working out. I actually like working out. I love the feeling at the end. The only thing I don't like is people watching me sweat. I turn all red and sweat... like A LOT! I had a lot of motivation to go yesterday. Heather, my best friend, went along with me to push me along. Later on, Fonnesy came and joined us.

I felt so good after working out! We have decided to go every Monday and Wednesday after STATS class. Now, I just need to work on my "diet". Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!!

Lots of Love
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment