Saturday, April 4, 2015

When the Going Gets... Sick?

This last week, we saw a little bit of illness in our family... okay, maybe not a little bit. My dear E-Mae has had an eye infection, ear infection, and sinus infection. My poor baby was in and out of the Dr, other than a well-child check up, for the first time in her life.

Ella at the height of her infections: miserable, hurting and extra needy

What did I do to help her?

I stayed home from school and we just cuddled. For 3 days, she wouldn't let me put her down. She would make me take a nap with her and after 30 minutes of laying down, if I got up, she would cry until I came back and laid down again.

Is it bad that I actually enjoyed the attention from a baby?

NO!

Every mommy wants to feel loved! Every mommy wants to know she is enough and she is doing well. No. I am not saying purposefully get your children sick so they will cuddle with you and never let you go.

But when they do get sick, don't worry about the laundry being done immediately. Don't worry about the messes being cleaned up as quickly as possible. Don't worry about cleaning up the dinner plates until after your child goes to bed. That time together builds that bond which every little child is looking for. They want to know that they will be taken care of when they are not feeling good!

So, this is my call to mommies! Put down that scrub brush! Put down those clothes! Stop vacuuming and dusting! Go pick up you child and walk outside! Go bond! Go have fun! Have the same time you have when your little one is sick. Don't just wait for them to get sick to put them ahead of the house work.

You are a mom of a little child... the house is never going to be perfect... Your "little scientist" is too busy exploring and taking things apart. It's never going to be 100% clean... ever! Save stuff for once a week or just do it when your little one is asleep. Your child needs your attention!

Now... Don't think I am a hypocrite! I am not home with my daughter because I am the sole provider for our little family of 2 and I am going to school full time so by the time she is 5, and going to kindergarten, I will be graduated with my Master's degree. That is pretty cool to me! And those moms who are working and doing all they can for their children, that is absolutely amazing to me! I know your struggle being away from your children and the desire you have to be with them! They are so grateful for you and they will know your sacrifice for them! You are an amazing mom too!

I am just grateful I was able to be home to take care of my baby squirell while she was sick! She is an amazing little girl and I am so blessed to have the time I do with her!

Does anybody have any ideas for toddler activities?

Or maybe places to visit with toddlers?

Please comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment